OF PSYCHOANALYTIC PSYCHOTHERAPIES
The General Assembly and the Congress of the ECPP
Rome, October 4-6, 2012
The title of the Congress:
New Dynamics in Psychoanalysis
You may arrange your flight to Rome on either Wednesday, October 3, 2012 or Thursday, October 4, 2012 as you wish.
Venue for the General Assembly and the Congress:
Arso Convention Centre (www.arsoroma.net), which is situated in 4 km from Vatican and 20 min from the airport.
The Organizing Committee has negotiated the following price per room:
– single room: 40 Euro per night;
- double room: 72 Euro per night.
Participants book rooms at the hotel for themselves; the email address of the hotel is firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to write password “ECPP-CONGRESS” in the field “subject” of your email letter. The whole hotel is booked for our Congress, so they won’t accept any other guests.
The booking fee, equal to rate per one night, is paid by a credit card.
Individual booking for the ECPP members starts on April 18, 2012.
There will be many members participating in the event, so please book your rooms at Hotel ARSO as soon as possible.
In case you cannot book a room at Hotel ARSO, our Italian colleagues give us the e-mail addresses of other hotels situated not far from ARSO–center on Via Aurelia:
- NH MIDAS HOTEL: email@example.com
- RAGANELLI HOTEL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOTEL AURELIANO: email@example.com
- HOTEL ROMA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CONSUL HOTEL: email@example.com
The Italian colleagues also inform us that there will be a few international conferences at that time in Rome, so the bookings at these hotels should be made as soon as possible too, because by the time of the event there will have been very few places left, and their price will have increased.
While making booking at any other hotel you don’t need to write the abovementioned password in field “subject” of your email.
October 4, 2012
Participants continue to arrive.
According to the program, on October 4 in the morning (about 10 a.m.) there will be a tour of the city. The bus departs from the hotel ARSO.
The excursion is funded by the ECPP.
Until 4 p.m.: free time, when you can communicate to your friends and colleagues.
In the afternoon 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Pre-Congress.
There will be two parallel master-classes and supervisions.
From 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: welcome drink at the hotel ARSO (included in the organizational fee).
After that: free time.
October 5, 2012
10 a.m. – 11 a.m.: registration of the participants of the Congress
11 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.: the General Assembly of the ECPP. The reports of the Committees, election of the President and the Board of the ECPP.
12.30 p.m. - 2.30 p.m.: lunch
2.30 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.: the first plenary session of the Congress
4.30 p.m. – 6.30 p.m. – Plenary lecture – Prof. Dr. Vamic Volkan
7 p.m. – 9 p.m.: excursion to the museums of Vatican (organized and funded by the ECPP).
October 6, 2012
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.: the second plenary session of the Congress
1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: lunch
3 p.m. – 6.30 p.m.: the third plenary session of the Congress and closing of the Congress
8 p.m. – 11 p.m.: Farewell Dinner at a restaurant (to be paid separately).
After that: free time.
The papers already included in the program:
- Prof. Dr. Vamic Volcan (USA):
Transference, Resistance and Related Topics (Satellite lecture – 2 hours);
- Honorary member of the ECPP Prof. Dr. Horst Kaechele (Germany): Achievements of Neuroscience and Psychoanalysis;
- Past-President of the ECPP Doctor Markus Faeh (Switzerland): Dynamic of Development of Psychoanalytical Thought in the XX Century;
- Vice-President of the ECPP Barbara Fitzgerald (Ireland): ECPP, challenges and opportunities;
- The ECPP Board Member - the President of World Council of Psychotherapy Prof. Alfred Pritz (Austria): Psychotherapy in Europe and in the World;
- The President of the ECPP and the ECPP-Russia Professor Mikhail Reshetnikov (Russia): New Approaches to Psychoanalytic Education and Training;
- Vice-President of the ECPP-Russia Jan Fedorov, M.D. (Russia): Psychoanalytical Approaches to Therapy of Psychotic Patients.
More papers are welcomed. You may submit a paper, a stand report or a presentation.
Dear Presidents of the ECPP National Branches,
The ECPP Board has decided at its recent meeting on February 16, 2012 that:
- Due to the fact that the next V Congress of the ECPP, which takes time and requires financial investments, is to be held in Rome, any other big events of the ECPP are not to be planned in 2012;
- Each NB establishes an organizing committee which forms a delegation to the General Assembly and Congress of the ECPP in Rome;
- Clarifying and organizing activity is to be directed at maximal participation of NB members in the V Congress of the ECPP in Rome.
Languages of Congress: Russian and English.
President of the ECPP
Professor Mikhail Reshetnikov
St-Petersburg, April 20, 2012